About Amy’s Fish and Chips:
As the name suggests, Amy’s Fish and Chips is a fast food joint that serves fresh seafood in true Canadian style. This is the place to be if you like to have a quick bite of the tastiest fish and chips combo in the locality.
Amy’s fish and chips are located in Richmond Hill in the Shoppes of Heritage Hollow plaza at 1285 Elgin Mills Road East and serves seafood for both lunch and dinner. In addition to fish, they also serve a few dishes for chicken lovers. The highlight of their menu is the halibut that is served in different combinations. Unlike most of the eateries serving fish, the dishes here are lightly battered and less greasy, thus making them stand out from the rest. A few of their must-try recipes include halibut fish and chips, cod fillets, and onion rings.
The interior of the joint is casual and straightforward, with no frills attached. The seating is comfortable though they have only very few seating options. So, the place may not be a good choice for large groups.
Customer reviews in Yelp and TripAdvisor have listed the pros and cons of the joint.
- Food is fresh and delicious and comes in a large portion.
- Friendly staff and efficient service.
- Right place for couples and small families.
- Take out option is available.
- They have separate kids’ meal though the choice is limited.
- Parking facility available.
- The joint is wheelchair accessible.
- Limited seat and hence not a good choice for large groups.
- No liquor is served.
- Salad dressings are limited in choice.
- No reservation as it is a fast food joint.
- No home delivery facility available.
- Open only till 8 pm. Thus, not a good option for late night dining.
Amy’s fish and chips are a family run fast food joint with Amy, the owner, at the helm. Other family members assist her in successfully running the business. Thus, you feel a homely vibe while dining at the joint.
The joint is located at Elgin Mills Road E, near Shining Stars childcare centre. It is located close to the Richmond Green Sports Centre and Park and the Richmond Hill Soccer Club. Other places of interest near Amy’s are the John Tipp Park, Headwater’s Community Park, and the Eyer Wideman Youth Centre and Ropes challenge course.