About PIE Wood Fired Oven Joint:
PIE Wood Fried Pizza Joint is one of the seven popular chain restaurants in Ontario, and second in Barrie situated at the waterfront location, on Victoria Street. The first restaurant started as the pioneer of wood oven pizza in 2009, but soon expanded to 6 more restaurants in Barrie, Muskoka, Collingwood, Woodbridge, and Midland.
The PIE Wood Fired Oven Joint Waterfront is not only popular due to their well-known wood-fired pizzas made from fresh and authentic ingredients, but also for its waterfront location, that offers you an incredible view of the lake.
The restaurant serves Italian and Candian cuisines. To add more authenticity to their Italian cuisine and flavours, all of their ovens are also imported from Italy. The restaurant remains open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.
They also offer a wide range of wood-fired pies to choose from, with a price between $9 and $19. You can choose from 25 different flavours, while other menu items like pasta, salads, risotto balls, salty balls, cheese curds, smoked salmon, cheese spinach, chicken wings, and several sweet items are also available.
In addition, you can also choose from a wide selection of drinks and beers.
- Kids-friendly with a kid menu to choose from, perfect for kids parties and birthdays.
- Most customers praised their fast service.
- Plenty of flavours and menu items to choose from.
- Plenty of vegan options with an option for gluten-free pizza also available.
- Some customers complained that wait staff was not as friendly as they expect in a restaurant.
- A few customers on different review websites also rated the restaurant expensive.
- Noisy so not for those who are looking for a quiet, calm, and intimidating place for a date or couple night.
- It is a busy and popular place, so you may have to wait if you don't have a reservation.
PIE Wood Fired Oven Joint Waterfront is a popular option for Barrie locals with a great waterfront location offering you amazing lake views. The restaurant is co-owned by Craig Russell and Randy Feltis, also a certified chef.
You also have an option to choose between an indoor or outdoor patio seating option. Overall, there is plenty of space available to host parties and group meetings. They also won a certificate of excellence in 2016 on TripAdvisor based on customer reviews.
There are also several TVs on the wall, along with free Wi-Fi and plenty of parking space. The ambience is casual and slightly noisy as the place is kids favourite, so you can find kids around.
All in all, if you want to enjoy relaxing lake views, with a unique wood-fired pizza, the PIE Wood Fired Oven Joint Waterfront makes an excellent option.