About Mandarin Restaurant:
Situated at 28 Fairview Road, Barrie, the Mandarin Restaurant is one of the 29 Mandarin restaurants in Ontario owned by the Mandarin Restaurant Franchise Corporations. It is an all-you-can-eat style buffet restaurant offering more than 100 dishes, from Chinese, Canadian, and other cuisines from around the world.
The restaurant remains open seven days a week, both for lunch and dinner. The cost for a lunch buffet is $18.99 on weekdays and $22.99 on weekends and holidays. For dinner, you have to pay $26.99 from Monday to Thursday, and $29.99 from Friday to Sunday. There are also several discounts available for children and seniors, like 20% off for people more than 65 years old.
In addition to more than 100 dishes served as buffet items, you can also opt for a-la-carte, take-out, and delivery. The buffet items include well cooked hot entrees, grilled food, salad bar, soup & bread, sushi, pizza, dessert, cotton candy, fruits, and ice cream Sundae & frozen yogurt bar.
Based on online reviews, some of their most popular food items include crab legs, sushi, prime rib, wonton soup, roast beef, mussels, and spring rolls. In addition to the dishes, the restaurant's atmosphere is also relaxing, with the eye-catching decor. The interior is spacious, but you may find seating very close to each other as they are a bustling place.
- A wide range of food options from different cuisines to choose from
- Kids-friendly with half price for children from 4 to 12, and $2 for children less than four years of age.
- Most customer reviews praised their customer service and rated them friendly.
- The taste and quality of their buffet items are mostly rated as fresh, delicious, well-cooked, and hot.
- Seating is close so that the place may feel crowded and a little noisy.
- As it is a popular and busy restaurant, you may have to wait especially on weekends.
- Some customers complained that in the last few years, they limited their food items from 150 to 100, removing some popular options like crab legs.
- Few customers also rated them expensive.
Founded in 1979, almost 40 years ago, with only a single restaurant in Brampton, Mandarin Restaurant Franchise Corporation now owns 29 restaurants all across Ontario. The local Barrie franchise is also serving the local community for more than a decade now.
Based on the feedback on different review websites, Mandarin Restaurant one of the most popular restaurants in Barrie. It currently ranks among the top 16 restaurants in Barrie based on the customer reviews on TripAdvisor, out of 360+ total restaurants in the city.
They also won a certificate of excellence award on TripAdvisor for the last four years, from 2015 to 2018. The number of reviews that is in thousands on different review websites, also indicates that Mandarin Restaurant is not only popular among Barrie locals, but also travellers from neighbouring cities.
Located right at the centre of downtown Barrie, access to the restaurant is easy. There is also enough space for parking. However, it is better to make a reservation as it is a busy restaurant that remains crowded on weekends and dinner timings.