Hooligans is a one-of-a-kind restaurant located in downtown Barrie, Canada that serves customers of all age group. This is the right place to have a casual dinner accompanied by a mug of beer. The peculiarity of Hooligans is that the restaurant has one of the largest screens of the region where the latest sporting events can be watched live. During the summer, you get a great view of Kempenfelt Bay from the rooftop patio.
Hooligans has a large seating capacity and can accommodate up to 180 guests. This is the right place to conduct corporate and business events, wedding and even birthday parties. From wings and burgers to salads and steaks, Hooligans offer the most comforting food ever available in Barrie. Kids have a separate set of a menu comprising of kid’s burger and fries, cheese pizza, Alfredo pasta, and garlic bread, and chicken tenders and fries.
A flip through online review sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor provides a mixed review of the restaurant.
- Excellent location with the right ambience and decor. The interiors are done in a rustic style with a high ceiling.
- The right place to chill out with friends. Hooligans have the largest screen in the north of Toronto.
- Friendly staffs who spend time with you explaining the dishes.
- Great view from rooftop area of Kempenfelt Bay.
- Can accommodate large groups.
- Food is average and lacks an authentic flavour. It is also slightly expensive.
- Not enough staff to serve a large crowd.
- Service is very slow. The place is not the right choice if you are looking to grab a quick bite.
- Long waiting time.
Formally The Skybank nighclub, Hooligans opened on August 31, 2015 and is a privately-owned restaurant whose owners wanted to launch something unique in downtown Barrie. They were looking to open a joint that is accessible to both young families and tourists; a place where they could enjoy and spend some relaxing moments enjoying sporting events. Thus, was born the Hooligans which houses the biggest screen north of Toronto.
All food items in the joint are made in-house daily including, soup, sauce, and dessert. A variety of food items including nachos, burger, steak, soups, and salad are served daily. The interiors are done in rustic charm with brick walls and a lot of reclaimed wood.
Hooligans is located at 66 Dunlop St, Downtown Barrie. The rooftop of the restaurant offers a stunning view of the Kempenfelt Bay which is one of the reasons why Hooligans is so popular with the locals.