About Bull and Barrel Pub:
Bull and Barrel is an English pub that also serves Candian and English cuisine. Situated at 75 Cedar Point Drive, the pub is located right beside the Highway 400, and a walking distance from Cedar Pointe Business Park.
In addition to an impressive collection of wine and beer, both local and imported, you can also enjoy excellent food and live entertainment on weekends. The pubs interior also adds authenticity, decorated with a cosy fireplace, dark wood walls, and eye-catching brass fittings. It remains open seven days a week, from noon till midnight, offering food and beverages all day long.
The food offered includes both traditional pub fare and Canadian cuisine for a very budget-friendly price. Some of their most popular food items include liver and onions, wings, pub pies, fish and chips, ale and onion soup, beef dip sandwich, chicken fingers, and pub platter. Also, you can also enjoy some special menu items on weekends only, like Guinness wings, stew, corned beef hash, and stacked corned beef on rye.
You can also choose from an impressive range of beverages that include wine, beer, cocktails, scotch, bourbon, warmers, Irish whiskey, and several more drink options. The pub also offers weekly specials to make it more budget-friendly for customers. These special deals include ribs special on Monday, burger Tuesday, half priced wings on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, fish Friday, and special $5 Caesar salad with half priced wings on Sunday.
- Plenty of entertainment other than food and drinks, including live music, trivia and dart nights.
- Most customers rated their prices reasonable and budget friendly.
- Food, beverage selection, and service, all are rated mostly positive by customers on different review websites.
- With an intimidating interior, a good place for couples especially during live music weekends.
- As a popular and crowded place, you may find it noisy.
- Not many food options for vegetarians.
- Tucked away in the city outskirts.
- You need to make a reservation on weekends if you don't want to wait.
The Bull and Barrel Pub is one of the oldest English pubs in Barrie, serving the local community for more than two decades now. The fact that the owners and managers at Bull and Barrel Pub respond to all reviews with complaints on online forums reflects that they value customers feedback and put an effort to make their experience satisfactory.
Bull & Barrel Pub won a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for the last two consecutive years for 2017 and 2018 based on customer reviews on TripAdvisor. Out of 366 restaurants listed there from Barrie, Bull & Barrel is ranked among top 40 best-rated restaurants in the city.
Even though situated at the outskirts of Barrie, the place is popular among locals and remains busy during weekdays and crowded on weekends.