About Painters Hall:
As the name suggests, Painters Hall is a popular bistro based in Barrie, Ontario, offering a wide range of Canadian and American cuisine at a moderate price. What makes them a better option than many other traditional restaurants in the same vicinity (Clapperton Street to be precise) is its farm-to-table cuisine, with organic ingredients sourced from the surrounding farms.
Owned by Erin Burrows, a mother of two, Painters Hall Bistro offers a relaxed setting for after work cocktails with friends or coworkers. With an impressive range of bar menu and wine list, the upscale bistro makes sure you get everything you need for an enjoyable evening.
The interior is also charming to the eyes, as the walls and halls are lined with some amazing paintings, mostly from the local but known Barrie artists. This is mainly why it is named Painters Hall. You can also choose between different dining areas, like closer to the bar if you are visiting for cocktails, or back area with rustic interior if visiting for a family dinner. In addition, you can also enjoy live songs in the bar area.
The hall also provides enough space for special occasions or business meetings, offering you a quiet and pleasant environment, helpful staff, and a prime downtown location for everyone's convenience.
- Remains open on Sundays, with an exclusive Sundaylicious offer that includes three courses for only $39
- Plenty of options for vegetarians along with gluten-free food
- Based on the shared visitors' experience, the interior has a cosy, romantic feel which makes it a great place for couples
- Full bar alcohol options to choose from which makes it a good option for happy hour
- Enough street parking for both cars and bikes
- Some diners complained about the serving size
- Not the best option for kids
- Some of the reviews on Yelp and Tripadvisor were also not happy with service, which they rated as slow
Painters Hall Bistro was founded by Erin and Shane Burrows in 2008 when they decided to turn an old building situated in the downtime Barrie into an upscale bistro. In just one decade, Painters Hall Bistro has evolved into one of the best places for the best Canadian Cuisine in Barrie and became a popular option among locals as well as surrounding neighbourhoods.
What makes them unique is their exclusive three-course Barrelicious and Sundaylicious meal, offered for only $39 and $30. This also makes it a budget deal compared to the regular menu prices.
One of their strengths is their bountiful as well as a creative menu, with plenty of exotic food options to choose from for each course. You can choose from their special oxtail ragout as a starter to duck confit for your main course, or simply choose from their impressive range of vegan options.
All in all, Painters Hall Bistro makes an excellent dining option in Barrie, offering you plenty of food and wine options, along with a warm and cosy space for a relaxing time.